Having shared the Xemo shuttle service launch plans with many friends and networks, I realised it is not clear to many, on how the xemo shuttle service will operate. Our guests( we call our customers – guest) are feeling a confused on how this whole concept works in reality.
At Xemo the goal is to make commuting a stress free experience. We want to be the Netflix equivalent when it comes to commuting.
I will elaborate how the smarts within our app and the serviceability rules in our operations will help us become the “Netflix of commuting”
What makes Xemo Shuttle different ?
- Xemo shuttle is a minibus/minivan – 12 seater ( driver included) – more capacity than a car and better manoeuvrability than a bus.
- Xemo is a point to point service without any stoppages.
- Being a no stoppage service means Xemo shuttle will pick up guest from one common point and drop at a common point. e.g estate community club to metro station.
- e.g community park to metro station.
- Xemo shuttle will run only when there are minimum 6 people willing to use a service (for short distance at least). To keep the cost down we need to operate on economy of scale.
- Xemo shuttle booking will be at least 36 hrs in advance initially. Unless we get a consistency in demand and guest feel comfortable we will keep our operations very conservative.
- Xemo shuttle will charge the guest only after the service is run.
- Cancellations will not be allowed 24 hrs before the scheduled service. Crowdsourcing our demand means that one change can impact many guests and hence we want to discourage last minute cancellations
- A “no show” for a service will be charged to Xemo guest. The benefits of crowdsourcing help us keep the cost minimum, effectively any no shows cannot be absorbed at last minutes.
- All bookings , payments and tracking will be done via Xemo App which will be available to download soon.
- Xemo App is building smarts to identify the nearest pick up and drop spots for all guests based on their preferred search.
- Xemo app is building the smarts in the app to add new services based on the most searched routes.
- Xemo will not hold any sensitive personal information of our guests such as Credit Card Number , home address, date of birth etc.
- Xemo will only ask you for email and phone so that we can send you app notifications and emails when we introduce new services and app features.